NYT best selling author

Monday, December 21, 2009

FAQs

Wow, I have been getting a TON of fan mail lately, and I'm having a hard time keeping up. On my website I have an FAQ link, so you can find out info there. But I'll answer some questions here from time to time too, taken from the letters you send me. Here are the most frequent questions I get:

1. I read Cabel's Side of the Story on your website and loved it! Will you write the rest of the book from Cabe's perspective?
I don't have any plans to write a full book from Cabel's perspective at this time. Maybe someday down the road.

2. Are you going to write more books?
Why yes, yes I am. WAKE, FADE and GONE are a trilogy, and GONE comes out Feb 9, 2010. After that I have a YA paranormal stand-alone thriller called CRYER'S CROSS that will be out in spring 2011.

Beyond that is THE UNWANTEDS, a middle grade dystopian fantasy about creative children getting sent to their deaths, coming fall 2011.
And then DEAD TO YOU, a YA emotional thriller about a 16-year-old boy who, missing for the past nine years, returns home, coming spring 2012.

3. I'm writing a report on you/your books for a school project. What would you say is the theme of your books?
Okay, listen up: I can't do your homework for you. Please don't ask me questions that sound like they come straight off your assignment. That's YOUR job to figure out the theme, symbolism, denouement, rising/falling action, plot... When I was a kid...oh, never mind. But you know what I'm going to say. Don't ask me to do your homework for you. It makes me cranky. I don't answer letters like that.

However, if you need info about me, it's amazing what you can find by googling. You can learn stuff on the Lisa McMann wikipedia page (which is rather sparse. How about one of you doing a report updates the wiki while you're at it, hmm?) Or here: I was born in Holland, Michigan in 1968. I have two brothers and a sister. I graduated with a B.A. in English in 1990 from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Now I live in Arizona with my husband, son, and daughter. I have a dog and a cat. My hobbies include cooking, reading, and watching reality TV. I love avocados. Uh...I have about 30 short stories in print, the most famous of which is called The Day of the Shoes (Google it). Another is called Like Waves on Rocks (you know what to do). These short stories are NOTHING like the WAKE books.


4. You should make a movie of your books!
I'd totally love to see a WAKE movie. At this time, we have received many inquiries from Hollywood and two offers, but sadly, neither of them worked out. I will keep you posted on any developments, but right now, there are no plans for a WAKE movie. Cross your fingers that it happens someday! Also, many of you want to star in the movie. Just so you know, if a movie ever happens, I will have no control over who is cast. But I'd pick YOU if I could! :)

Hope your holidays are awesome.

2 comments:

barnsdale11 said...

I was responsible of one of your fan mail, but with none of those questions =P

But the one coming straight from somebody's homework... Wow, that's being straightforward!! O.o

Shooting Stars Mag said...

hahah that's funny about people's homework. Nope, definitely gotta do that on your own.

I'd love a WAKE movie too. Yay for all the new books coming out.

-Lauren