NYT best selling author

Friday, January 09, 2009

WAKE is a 2008 Cybils Award Finalist!

The review is up on the Cybils website, which makes this wonderful honor so real.

I can't believe I'm a finalist in something with Neil Gaiman. NEIL GAIMAN, people. OMG. And Graceling, and Hunger Games, and all the others in the sci-fi/fantasy category...it's overwhelming.

I feel a need to say something to all of you bloggers out there. And I get a little emotional sometimes, so if you don't like that, you can go ahead and bite me (or just skip this next bit):

You have been there for this book, and I am ever grateful. So many of you read WAKE and spread the word, and you interviewed me and reviewed the book and recommended it, and people listened to you. You told your teen friends and Twilight Moms and college students and paranormal geeks and so many people who said they hate reading about WAKE and they found me on twitter and facebook and myspace, and they told me they bought WAKE because they'd heard so much about it, and they read it and it meant something. You are a powerful group -- and I'm thrilled to have spent this last year getting to know so many of you.

The WAKE paperback came out Dec 23, and in an economy that makes every author cringe, it came out with a huge bang. No, we didn't hit the NYT list with it, not yet anyway, but you know what I think? I think it came out so strongly because of the Cybils shortlist. What fabulous timing. And maybe there's hope for that NYT list soon -- we'll keep trying. I hope you'll remember FADE when the time comes, February 10.

So thank you, book reviewers, teachers, librarians, and teen reviewers. And thank you to all the wonderful judges who read SO many books and, when the dust settled, chose WAKE to sit alongside all the amazing titles on the shortlist.

Thanks for spreading the love. And don't miss my little attempt at spreading the love back to you -- see the posts below this one for two great contests, one prize being books and the other, Cold. Hard. Cash.

xox
Lisa

18 comments:

Nathan Bransford said...

Congratulations!!!

Sophie said...

Lisa, you deserve the congratulations and kudos. For your creativity and generosity.

And no, we won't forget Fade. The Countdown Widget on the blog and word is being spread even as I clack away on the keyboard.

Continue embracing your creative energy so we can enjoy its ouput.

Thank you.

Buggy said...

Well done my friend!
And you should feel a bit weepy, you and your wonderful book have been embraced and shown so much love by so many, I'll bet at times it's overwhemling.
But you know, you gave of yourself, and the world gave back.
Congratulations, and many HUGS

Stina said...

Congratulations, Lisa!

February 10th can't come soon enough for me. Thank goodness for gift cards. And for a husband who knows what I really wanted for Christmas.

A.S. King said...

Yay! Go Lisa!

Anna M. Lewis said...

Now, I'm a little weepy.
Since we just recently became net-friends, I just wanted to let you know that I read Wake because my 16YO's BFF read it and insisted my daughter read it and then my daughter insisted that I read it.
So, that's the real goal, getting the kids to love and recommend the book.
(BTW I loved Wake... and I'm very picky!)

Bravie said...

I'm so proud of you and all of your hard work. I'm also proud to call you friend. I brag to the people I know about you. I can't wait for FADE. Kudos to you, deserve it all.

Justina Chen said...

Congrats! Of course we spread the word. We luuuurve WAKE.

Anonymous said...

Whee! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

it's all so amazing, I love that others love Wake as much as I do...
Random note, the other night I tried to make myself dream a certain dream, and what ended up happening was I dreamt about Wake's characters! I thought it was funny :)

Ellen said...

Excellent news, Lisa!!!! Congrats!

Joanne Levy said...

You are SO awesome. That is all.

Readingjunky said...

Congrats! The nomination is well-deserved.

Shalonda said...

Congratulations, Lisa! It is very well deserved!

Tummy said...

Conga Rats! I think that is awesome. Well done you.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I seriously can't wait to read both Wake and Fade. Wake I won on Cynsations (signed by you!) and Fade I just received for review. And of course I'm excited that you're a finalist too.

Melissa Walker said...

So deserved! Can't wait for FADE to break!

macgyver13 said...

Congrats, Lisa/Wheeze! It's a well-deserved honour and a great validation for the work you did on the book.

Here's to many more nominations to come.